click to enable zoom
We didn't find any results
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
More Search Options
More Search Options
We found 0 results. View results
Advanced Search
More Search Options we found 0 results
Your search results

TM30 for Expat in a Nutshell

Posted by Nonlaphan Preugpaibul on September 30, 2020
| News

What is TM30?

TM30, also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed”, is a form used by the Immigration Department for property owners (landlords/home owners/hotels) to report any foreigners staying on their property within 24 hours of arrival. This is required by Thai law, the Immigration Act of 1979 Section 381.

Normally, every hotel in Thailand follow such reporting system (hence, a person is required to provide a passport for the hotel every time ones checks in). On the other hand, although the notification has been enacted for quite sometime, it has been rarely enforced for landlords and home owners until these recent years. This has brought attention to tenants, especially the foreign tenants who wish to extend their visa since they will be requested to provide TM30.

Who is responsible to submit TM30?

The property owners are responsible for this notification to the officials within 24 hours and failure to do so can result in a penalty fee of up to 10,000 baht. However, they are no longer required to resubmit TM30 every time foreigners leave the property temporarily and return. Just only on the arrival and final departure at the property.

Where to submit TM30?

The form must be submitted in person at the local immigration office where the property is located. However, we need to warn you that it might take days when it comes to dealing with local authorities. Alternatively, one can submit by post, via the Section 38 Android or iOS application (subject to the requirements of the immigration office), or online at The latter case is recommended as it is significantly more convenient.

Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 (Section 38)

The housemaster, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours, dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area, the local police official for that area must be notified.

In case the house, dwelling place, or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of paragraph 1 is located within the Bangkok area, such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

Making notification, in reference to the paragraph 1 and 2 of this Section, must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General.


3 thoughts on “TM30 for Expat in a Nutshell

  • on April 13, 2024

    Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me.

  • on April 17, 2024

    Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me.

  • Thank you for your sharing. I am worried that I lack creative ideas. It is your article that makes me full of hope. Thank you. But, I have a question, can you help me?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  • Advanced Search

    More Search Options
  • List by Categories

  • List by Type

Compare Listings (maximum 4 listings)